Monday, October 31, 2011

Capture Mr. Sandy Claws

La, la, la, la, la, la, la,  
I still wonder what time of year I should watch this movie. Hum, oh well.

            October has always been my favorite month. I mean think about it… the best people are born in this month, UEA, fall leaves, and of course HALLOWEEN! What other holiday do you get to dress up and get candy without having to give the givers anything in return? I mean during Christmas you have to give gifts to all the people that give you gifts. What is up with that? This selfish mentality really only lasts until you own a house. Halloween becomes a little more about giving once you become an adult.
            Some of my favorite memories are going to DI with my mom and coming up with a completely unique costume and then going out with just my dad and my sisters to get CANDY, CANDY, CANDY! But then Junior High hit and it wasn’t cool to ‘dress up.’ Curse growing up! But then something else magical happened… college. All of the sudden it was cool to  be something for Halloween. My first year of college I was still kinda in the ‘I-think-I’m-in-jr-high-and-I-can’t-dress-up-because-I-am-so-dang-self-conscious’ mentality. So I put on a cowboy hat and called it good. But it was still an awesome Halloween. We went to my roommate’s house to help with their family tradition of making homemade donuts and rootbeer for the whole neighborhood. It was so fun! We watched Hitchcock movies and ate candy and donuts until we were sick and, although none of us wanted to admit it, a little scared. Needless to say none of us sleep very well that night, but then again who ever does on the night when the magical and sinister are right at the edge of reality.

Lame costume, Danielle. Lame.

            Flash forward to the next year. The year of the epically cool FHE family. We were all really good friends and became like a real family. So, when we all heard there was going to be a custom contest at our ward party, we decided to all win. How did we accomplish this? By raiding DI, again. Who knew you could recreate the whole cast from Toy Story from some cast offs, face paint, cardboard, and pink spandex tights someone got on their mission? Let’s just say we whipped everyone back into place. No one stood a chance.

Much Better! Aren't we all so cute! 

           This year the epic just kept coming. My brother-in-law looks like Mr. Incredible and has the legit costume. So, my sister raided my mom’s closet and DI (are you sensing a theme in this family when it comes to Halloween?) and came up with a complete Elastigirl costume for herself and a Jack-Jack outfit for Mari. My family is incredible.
            But not to be out shadowed by our sister’s family, my other sister and I came up with an equally incredible idea… Minions! That’s right, we found everything we need, at DI of course, to transform ourselves into those cute little minions from Despicable Me. I think we did pretty well.



Whaaaa...?


Next year I think I’ll dress up as a sister missionary. :D

1 comment:

  1. Ahh! Danielle! The memories. I'm glad I could be a part of them. Your costume this year is AWESOME!!!!!

    ReplyDelete