Thursday, October 13, 2011

Stress, It's A Killer, Sir...

Yes, my inspirational quote of the day comes from Bartok, the bat on Anastasia… very profound.

Anyways, it’s a known fact that as humans we create 85% of our own stress. That’s a lot!  (It is also a known fact that 65% of all statistics are made up on the spot… yeah…) While I did barely pass stats twice, I did pass and I now know ‘a lot’ is in between ‘quite a bit’ and ‘a bunch’. Somewhere in there.  I came to this conclusion by objectively observing others. A true author and scientist never completely immerse themselves into their target population in fear their validity will be lost and therefore compromise the results and findings. Did you get any of that? Cause I didn’t. It’s true, sometimes I throw big words together and teachers give me an A, cause if it is so deep they don’t understand it, it must be good! And sometimes I just write blah blah blah in the middle of the page to see what teachers actually read my papers. Straying, yes I am straying. Back to stress… it’s a killer! So why do we do it? I don’t know.

What sparked this whole thought process (which in turn stressed me out, cause I couldn’t find an answer), was a co-worker. She was replacing me and working the grave. She had to tell me all about this Halloween costume she was working on for her daughter. How she was sewing on the fringe, gluing on the strips and would have to sew it by hand once she got home. As I was sitting there half listing to her (give me a break! I had just finished me shift and really wanted to go home) I thought, “Wow, this is a lot (there’s that word again) of work. She could have easily have gone to DI and found something just as cute and spent WAY less time and money.”  So, why? I still have no idea.

Maybe it was because my mom hated to sew or we didn’t have that much money growing up but we always got out Halloween costumes from DI. And if I do say so myself, I always had cute stuff! At least I could claim I didn’t have the same costume as anyone else in the school. STRAYING! I know, I can’t help it!

(By the way, if you are waiting for a grand and profound solution to get rid of stress, it’s not coming so don’t hold your breath or you might pass out. But then all your problems will go away for awhile, until you start breathing again, so maybe that is the solution. How about you do it and then tell me how it goes… after you have regained consciences)
Just so everyone knows, I thought of that funny comment about loosing consciousness and then found this picture.


So, what it the biological foundation for stress, if it just keeps getting us closer and closer to death? Ok, that was a little melodramatic, but my point? Made. Biology behind stress, that sounds like a great title for one of those self-help books. I’m I stressing you out by straying?

Why can’t we just stop it? (not the straying, but the stressing) Why can’t we as my mother always says do it, “fast, easy, simple, cheap!” Why do we as humans do things the hard way and why is it that when we find a simpler way to do it we are considered lazy or loafers? Human nature. So my advice, be like me and JUST STOP IT! That’s right stop stressing, just do it, I dare you! Mwahahaha! Come over to the dark side of the lazy loafers who work so hard at doing nothing, so they don’t have to work hard. Huh?

Do you remember those horrible French novels they made you all read in AP English, you know, the stream of consciousness ones? Did anyone have a déjà vu moment right there? I sure did! So in summation, stress kills, so don’t do it and it is physically impossible for me to keep on one train of thought… 

No comments:

Post a Comment