Friday, September 16, 2011

It Came!

I had to wait weeks and weeks to get my mission call, so it's only fair that I made you wait weeks and weeks for a post about it. So here is the official letter (the not so official parentheses were added by none other then myself):

Dear Sister Lyons (Ooo, doesn't that sound so cool!),
You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Philippines Baguio (anyone know how to say that?) Mission. You should report to the Provo Missionary Training Center on Wednesday, December 21, 2011. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Tagalog (I totally mispronounced that when I was reading out loud... I have a lot to learn) language.

Is that so exciting or what? If you are not completely jealous by now, I decided to add some pictures for your benefit.

Come on? How cool is that! I hope that's their public transportation! 

 So pretty!

Yep... them be some rice terraces.

 
80% are Catholic... going back to my roots.

 
I think I will probably have to take a picture by this very cool statue.

Aren't they beautiful?

I am so excited! I can hardly contain it! But one thing I am not excited about...
That's right... the fish. That could be an adventure all on its own.

As they say in Tagalog...Paalam

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, it looks so gorgeous there! I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to hear all about it. Good luck with the fish...I don't know that I could do it. :)

    ReplyDelete